Lilith - Around Town

[Toggle Names]

Description: Lilith runs into Akame the Darkstalker Hunter in Southtown's outskirts and Makai shows up with the Drowning Maiden.



[LILITH]
It's getting just a tad colder around these parts at this time of year. A lot more wind, which begins to nip at one as old man winter continues to usher out summer like it's an old flame that's hung around way past her welcome in favor of fall. Not that Lilith minds, even in those gloves, tights, leotard and boots--it's all the same to her as she traipses about the town, getting to the outskirts and begins to subtly fly from spot to spot--seeming to use her wings more as stabilizers than to actually generate lift. Made it a bit more conspicuous, especially where the city was crowded. It was far less so down here, though there were more trees and places to hide. God she was hungry. She hadn't even really ate much after her run-in with Kokan, and she should really get to that soon. Was there someone convenient down there, an evildoer, maybe-or someone equally stupid from which a quick snack could be made? Her boot heels click as she comes to rest on a rooftop edge, looking down at the street below.

[AKAME]
A tiny island of pinkish and unkempt strawberry blonde bobbing around and just below everyone else's eye-line. Topping a dimuntive teenaged moppet in an overlarge cardigan, she shuffles along emitting a sickly-sweet stench. The scent of-? fresh blood, twisted and fouled but still potent.

Akame had spent the better part of a week chasing after a chubby-faced feline that was sketched onto the reward poster tucked in her pocket. Her face marred scratches both new and old, spectacles sitting askew and held together with tape; a few extra bandages from all its narrow escapes and the completely-unavoidable-accidents that were all entirely the cats fault.

The teen was euphoric and smiling contentedly while carrying that brown paper bag with both arms hugging it tightly to her chest. Fifty whole dollars for catching that asshole cat!! It was her most successful hunt to date and by the time the cost of treatment, rations and associated costs were deducted, there was still profit! Enough to buy a few nutritious luxuries so she wasn't stuff envying that furball for the calibre of food items advisedly to use for 'bait.'

All she had left to do was walk out of town till she reached the rail-line, follow the tracks east for another couple of miles and the winding trail to get back to her campsite in the woods.

[LILITH]
Lilith's boot heels clicked as she came down right in Akame's path, though she wasn't looking at her as she came to a stop. She was however seemingly distracted by her presence, as she had been rushing closer. The smell of blood was there, but that might not have been what had gotten Lilith's attention. Or was she just wandering or spacing out??

"Why're you hurt?" she turned her head towards Akame but had her front facing the street more or less still, only half turning after she noticed the bag. She seemed more curious about the ragamuffin-looking girl than anything. "You should be more careful about getting cut like that, it can be more dangerous than you think," lines knowingly or unknowingly echoed by Dracula, but from a much less imposing young and feminine figure and voice!

[AKAME]
Akame re-joins reality just in time to stop herself walking into the other girl. Lifting a finger to her spectacles she elevates and pushes them back up on her nose, they immediately jar crookedly and start sliding back.

"Ah, Sorry!"

As the other girl begins to chastise her Ayame's eyes slide half-closed and she looks away to the side before grimacing. It wasn't fun getting scolded but she was used to both that and recovering form all these little injuries here and there.

"Wait..."

She didn't know this girl at all, who was scolding her again? Trying to act like an older sister type just because she was a little taller?! That would not do! Ayame squares those shoulders and tries to make herself look bigger; At least appear more responsible and adult-like than she is.

"We-weh-well, That outfits hardly going to keep you warm and those shoes aren't practical at all!"

Checkmate. She, totes had... man. The nights were rather cold around here and the girl looked to be her age or only a teeny bit older. An exasperated sigh and the girl's demeanour shifts down a gear form being antagonist to making all the right hand gestures and eye contact people associated with being empathetic.

"This is a pretty dangerous place to just be standing around. Have you got food and somewhere to stay?"

The other girl was alone, unattended by anyone who might be watching nearby- which she had been checking for across the street out of habit while looking away. A person could go without shelter if they had to or chose to, it was hard. Going without food made everything a hundred times harder.

[LILITH]
"Hmm? I like wearing this," she answers with a neutral expression, but also a little curious, looking down at herself. She didn't really have to worry about the chill, even when her leotard was strapless, and even had a diamond-shaped window over the chest like that. She turned one of her shoes sideways and peered down at them at that. They were what, 3-4 inch stilettos? They were shin-high boots, nearly knee-high, and gave a fair amount of support--what was wrong with that?? Lilith must have been puzzling.

"Nah, I haven't had food yet," and she was telling the truth, of course, that druglord's henchmen back in Columbia could only tide her over so long, after all. She gently shook her head.

"Ooh, watcha got in the bag? I can hear it moving," because well, chances are the cat was, or Lilith could just hear it's breath, one of the two!

[AKAME]
Ayame screws her face up and spits out a derogatory remark just below range of hearing out the corner of her mouth. That cardigan was at least 5 sizes too large and everything else she was wearing was a little faded or travels worn. Ayame wasn't an innocent and knew how the world worked. This vampire-loli girl probably worked at one of those cosplay cafes or something where those sly dealings took money from the drooling fanboys and money under the table for fanservice. An insult to career women like herself who actually did a job to earn their living.

"Listen, you're being kind of creepy-weird and There's nothing out of the ordina-"

The paper bag in her arms does indeed and palpably twitch. WHAT WAS THAT? Her baguette? the apple? The limited edition pudding?!! No, no-no. Those wouldn't move. Those wouldn't twitch.

Setting the parcel down on the sidewalk, pale and trembling Ayame unrolls the top of the bag and gradually leans over to peer in. A marshmallow fluff like ball turns its feline face up to look at the intruders, pudding smeared across its smug face in its victory. It licks it's chops.

"GACK."

Is about all she can muster and a sudden stoop to hang her head.

"...Are you in the market for a cat?"

[LILITH]
At the 'creepy' comment, Lilith blinked, not seeming to really get what Ayame was getting at with that, but didn't seem offended or really confused, either. As the white cat with chocolate smeared over it's face proceeds to peer up at Ayame, though, Lilith steps closer with a grin, looking down into the bag.

"It can truly be said you need to let the cat... out of the bag," she giggled, stepping back again with a trilling laughter. She apparently found this quite a bit funny. With a little luck, the ball of white fur in there /wasn't/ Felicia, though who knew, both had white fur, after all.

"Hmm, I might be, but I travel a lot, maybe a pet isn't a great idea for me," Lilith puts a finger to her chin, thinking about it. Would Jedah even mind having a cat around his place? Bwahaha~

[MAKAI]
To those capable of sensing it, rather abruptly a powerful wash of dark power settles about the street. Some of them are darkstalkers; yet other are demons, shinigami, youkai, and every manner of monster that has been battled and hunted within Japan since ancient time. The source of such currently crouches on the corner of an adjacent building. A long black cloak swirls about, hood pulled up. Beneath, tight sigil-laced gauze binds them like a mummy, beyond golden plated forearm and shin guards. Upon his face is a crimson oni mask, purple essence shimmering out from the eyes and glowing beneath the mask.

"Hello." comes a surprisingly normal voice. It's young and male. "I felt an interesting lifeforce nearby... but up close, it's hardly remarkable..." This is offered towards Lilith. Staring directly upon him, Makai is like a great singularity of countless twisted entities, and it would take great effort to even locate the humanity beneath him. "How brazen, to walk the street unshrouded. I did not sleep long, and am certain the world has not changed so much in this last couple years..."

The cat, at least, is liable to be terrified and freak out in his presence. Animals aren't fans of unrestrained malignancy, let alone when amassed in such a manner!

[AKAME]
"D'ya hear that you miserable little ball of fur. I can't even give you away"

it did not seem overly bothered by this information. The associated cost of feeding would definitely make that a losing proposition anyway so the costumed girl was clearly savvy enough to avoid a bad deal. Akame did not laugh at Lilith's comment; she was too fixated on the demise of pudding and return of a formidable and new Arch-nemesis. She upends the bag and shakes to slowly extract the cat.

Shake-SHAke-SHAKE -- She might have been on the verge or angry tears if not for her nose wrinkling and the her turning her head to sniff at the air left and right. Spying the leg guard filling her vision cranes her head back to look up.

"Uhm.. is that a friend of yours?"

Hopefully yes.

[LILITH]
"Wow! And you thoguth *I* was scary, pshht," Lilith seems to grin and welcome the incoming red oni-masked fellow. Because how else does a gentleman greet a lady besides a red demon mask, really? "Yeah, you're telling me, this one is pretty interesting alright--you know she has a whole cat in that bag?" Lilith pointed over to Ayame there, poking a velvet gloved finger against the paper bag they carried. It would likely be making a fair bit of noise crinkling the bag, especially not that it had begun freaking out.

"So are you two friends? Is this your BFF? Hi by the way--I'm Lilith!" she gleefully announces.

[MAKAI]
"..."

For long moments, Makai simply stares at Akame. It seems she's stolen the majority of the attention from the strange man. "I think I remember you. Would you like to know something interesting?" Wind flutters from above, rippling through Makai's cloak and sending it billowing against his form along with a number of long gauze-like flaps inscribed in gold. "That woman you are chatting with..."

"Is a darkstalker."

A slow scratch of the chin follows. "I can sense my kin, you see. What do you think of that, cat lady...?" He otherwise seems casual, simmer of dark energy continuing to visibly waft from his crimson mask.

[AKAME]
Akame lets the bag drop *sound of an angry fat cat bouncing.* The same gusts that tug at the strangers cape whip lifts her woollen cardigan around her slapping at and around her violently. Silently she draws herself back up to her full height with her arm folding across her torso to grab her opposing wrist. With a violent tug and continuing to torque around and unwind, a good foot and a half of gauze dangles freely.

Still facing Lilith the entire time it's her that Akame raises that injured arm at and as the gout of bloods pulses out form her whist it continues to project forward, extending well beyond the length of her arm and twisting and roiling until the long curved blade of a scimitar is pointed at Lilith's chest. Though the blade remains almost solid it periodically drips and where those droplets land on the sidewalk, they sizzle.

A beat of a moment passes with Ayame considering her similarly proportioned opponent before she swings her shoulder to redirect the blade at the taller man, head rolling over toward the new target.

"I don't like cats. I don't like cats at all. Noooot-even-a-little."

She knew she was very clearly being played, obviously and arrogantly so. The small-fry hadn't seemed so dangerous as the new challenger, it made sense to responds to the larger threat first. Assuming she even beat the smaller one there was no guarantee she wasn't just weakening them both so the larger could gobble them both up.

[LILITH]
A slow man in on Lilith as Makai mentions she's a darkstalker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cphNpqKpKc4

"A Darkstalker?! Where?" Lilith looks around surprised--but then a scimistar is pointed at her woefully washboard chest. She is quick to grab up the bag, with the cat's head now poking out of the top of the opening.

"Hey, you wouldn't sword a cat, would ya?" Lilith playfully asks in good humor, despite the fact that her new 'friends' are not playing around at all.

"Hey it's fine if you're not a cat person! I can take care of her!"

[MAKAI]
"You are a poor hunter, if you stand opposite one with such intersting energy and do not even realize it." Makai says from up high. Of course, by all accounts he should be on Lilith's side; he has the same sort of energy as the succubi, but no effort is made to descend and join the brawl. "What's wrong, though...? You feeling uncomfortable when there's no murderous intent from your target? A monster is a monster. Perhaps she's just full from an earlier meal..."

[AKAME]
A faint grimace as she's called a poor hunter. Ayame was used to those kinds of jibes though; being F-class was not the kind of thing anyone ever bragged about. The blade continues to fizz and boil while angled at its new target.

"Hunters take prey wherever they can find it. One less Darkstalker is a good day. But we don't do the work of Darkstalkers or aide them along the way."

A cool and dispassionate face. She didn't want to cut a girl who seemed so close in age to herself but that could indeed be part of a trap which lured in innocent humans. Fight them at every turn, drive them from human cities and then hunt them for profit.

The girl holding a cat in brown paper bag looking at her causes her voice to tremble a little as she complains right back at the giant.

"O-of course it bothers me. I'm human! But, I don't have anything to lose going after larger prey first. If she wants to take that chance to run away..."

Or catch a clue and please run away. Ayame elevates her arm to aim the blade at Makai's throat.

[LILITH]
"'Interesting' energy, huh? Is that what you're calling it now?" Lilith peers over at Makai with a bit of a sideways leer and wry sarcastic smile, before turning her face to look back at the sword pointed at her. She looks down at the cat in the bag yowling at her and she tucks it back into the bag, "Quiet you," she mutters, then rolls up the edges of it's opening, to carry it single handed.

"Oh goodness gracious me, look at the time, I should be going now! Tata!" she unfurls her wings from her back and proceeds to hop into the air, looking as if she's going up up and awaaaay. Or well, zooming into the air. She can likely still be latched onto or jumped after, in some fashion, but she is taking off. She still has the paper bag with the cat in it. With a little luck, she'll drop it off at a cat lady's apartment somewhere downtown.

[MAKAI]
Well, Makai's at least well out of range of a brandished sword being a threat just now. "Is that true? I always thought the proper mandate was to go after the weakest first. Such is the law even of the most basic creatures." A hand lazily scratches the side of his masked face as he observes from on high. "Although this body is not cooperating yet... still, my interest..."

His head shifts to angle towards Lilith. "Is in her. Something about her soul is... delicious. Rare. I have never felt it before. ...I want it. Yet worry not. I can play with you both. Monster hunter, aren't you? I happen to have a few monsters of my own..."

He then lifts his tanned hand, before slashing it lightly with a small blade. A seal is traced in the air, lingering infused. Yet this is not the life-based energies that most are familiar with. Something darker. The seal expands again, then again, before being suffused with energy.

"Come... Drowning Maiden of Hokkaido..."

Suddenly a split appears in the air above the adjacent alley. Countless thick, multi-jointed arms pour out of it, perhaps a dozen total, grasping either rooftop. A massive turtle-like shell draws out of the rift in space, followed by a similar number of legs. The creature's size is massive, although it has no head or tail, simply that strange array of twisting limbs.

"Yes... hungry, aren't you? You can have the human... I'm after different prey." Lilith might be able to fly to some degree, but Makai has some tricks of his own. He sweeps his hand once more, fingers flexing out before he intones another corrupted seal. From the rooftop below Lilith, countless bladed spectral chains erupt up, trying to snare her and draw her down with painful force to hit it, preferably bound!

COMBATSYS: Makai has started a fight here.

[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  <
Makai            0/-------/-------|


COMBATSYS: "Drowning Maiden" has joined the fight here.

[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  //////////////////////////////]
Makai            0/-------/-------|-------\-------\0"Drowning Maiden"


COMBATSYS: Lilith has joined the fight here on the right meter side.

[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  //////////////////////////////]
Makai            0/-------/-------|-------\-------\0           Lilith
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  <
"Drowning Maiden"0/-------/-------|


COMBATSYS: Lilith blocks Makai's Dead Weight.

[ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Makai            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  <
"Drowning Maiden"0/-------/-------|


COMBATSYS: Akame has joined the fight here.

[ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Makai            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  //////////////////////////////]
Akame            0/-------/-------|-------\-------\0"Drowning Maiden"


COMBATSYS: Makai has joined the fight here on the right meter side.

[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ///////////////////////////// ]
"Drowning Maiden"0/-------/-------|-------\-------\0            Makai


COMBATSYS: "Drowning Maiden" has joined the fight here on the right meter side.

[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith
                                  >  ///////////////////////////// ]
                                  |-------\-------\0            Makai
                                  >  //////////////////////////////]
                                  |-------\-------\0"Drowning Maiden"


COMBATSYS: Makai has joined the fight here on the top side.

                 [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-------
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith
                                  >  //////////////////////////////]
                                  |-------\-------\0"Drowning Maiden"


COMBATSYS: "Drowning Maiden" has joined the fight here on the top side.

                 [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-------
                 [ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 "Drowning Maiden"0|-------|-------
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith


[LILITH]
"What the--" one of her boots is snared by the chains that lash up and after her--with Lilith yelping as she tosses the paper bag onto the rooftop nearby--cats can land on their feet inside paper bags too, right?? She's pulled back down to earth and slams against the ground, trying to minimize the damage to her self in the process--her wings forming a shroud and flowing down over her as she tries to shake the chains off.

"Ack--are we doing this right here, right now? Okay!" she pulls herself free of the chains and then rushes forward to meet Makai--trying to deliver a light chop to that big masked head of his! Whap!

[AKAME]
Ayame tracks and follows the upwards trajectory of Makai with her blade, where was he going? The octo-turtle demon thing causes Akame to recoil a little, not because of the fact it was some kind of abomination. It was weird; she didn't want to touch it because it was /weird/.

"H-hey!!"

Finding herself trapped and ground level with nothing left but octo-shelly to deal with... what had he called it? She missed that part.

But he was chasing the girl, and if it was something a darkstalker wanted, then obviously she didn't want him to get it. Akame tightens her grasps on the gloopy and gel-like and warm sword and angling it back as she starts to run, accelerating into a sprint straight at it, drawing the blade behind her in a poor-man's ninja run and jumps into the air, swinging her legs forward for distance, she vaults off a dumpster for a little more height and starts coming down with the blade in a two-handed grip and pointed straight down as she attempts to land in a crouch, atop the shell with a downward cleave and leaning right into the blade.

She didn't plan on the sword working real well on giant monster turtle-shell, but as a platform to get up to the rooftops. Shelly was handy.. (ba-dum tish) and she'd rather touch the shell if she had to that the rubbery looking limbs. Uuughhh-lll. *shudder.*

COMBATSYS: "Drowning Maiden" has left the fight here.

                 [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-------
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden has joined the fight here on the top side.

                 [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-------
                 [ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Lilith successfully hits Makai with Quick Punch.

                 [   ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden dodges Akame's Fierce Strike.

                 [   ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [ |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////////  ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|=------\-------\0           Lilith


[MAKAI]
Makai leaps across the chasm of the alleys, through the series of limbs from the Drowned Maiden. Lilith is then charging towards him, faster than he expected. His palm lifts and begins to draw in front of him, but the succubi's fist drives past and strikes him dead center in the mask. A few cracks ripple across it, twisting his body away. "...? Your energy is strange..."

Before Lilith can draw her arm back, he attempts to grasp her forearm with both hands. And then twist, trying to draw her forward before flipping her, and then thrust her powerfully with the palm to slam into the building's roof!

The massive turtle-like being starts to descend, skin pale and flawless with decidedly feminine digits. The brutal slash whisks past limbs, all of which bend away in an unnatural manner before Akame lands atop the shell. It's incredibly hard, unsurprisingly. And a moment later, eight huge hands are surrounding Akame... before driving forward, trying to slam into her in repeated blows like an angry sumo wrestler, to drive her down into the wet, stinking shell of the monster!!

[LILITH]
"You're just attacking me because I'm a darkstalker, that's some racial profiling!" Lilith shot back after she cracked Makai with her light chop, then as Makai grabs her wrists she instead tries to push herself into him with her wings forming large scythe-like blades behind her.

"If you want to fight a monster then I'll give you one!" she tries to grab onto Makai's front and sides now as her wings sweep towards him and try to 'close' around his front and torso--their silvery cutting edges gleaming in the light! It's like a strange inward swinging set of guillotine blades!

COMBATSYS: Lilith attempts to interrupt Power Throw from Makai with Innocent Hug.

                 [   ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////      ]
Akame            0/-------/-------|==-----\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden successfully hits Akame with Rapid Assault.
- Power hit! -

                 [   ||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|------=
[     \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////////      ]
Akame            0/-------/----===|==-----\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Makai reverses Innocent Hug from Lilith with Buried Alive EX.

                 [    |||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|------=
[     \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ///////////////////           ]
Akame            0/-------/----===|=====--\-------\0           Lilith


[AKAME]
Being repeatedly beaten and tenderized by a chef probably didn't feel this bad. A coughing gasp and sudden inhale as Akame struggles with the fundamentals of breathing and then she reels up away from the shell with a panicked look on her face and rasping in a hoarse tone."You stiiiink!"

Urge to vomit, not sure she'll ever eat fish again. The shell where she was standing is positively decorated with her blood, a large pool where the blade came to rest but additional splatters as well. It streaks down her face form her hairline, soaks into her swearer and trails from bruises on her bare legs.

"Bleeuuch..."

The Sword in her hand noticeably smaller, she forces more blood out of her veins to rebuild the weapon to full size. The body protests, it always hurt.

The high speed kata is a fast high speed twist and turn with the sword twirling and spinning through the one hand she holds it in. She cuts a dome shaped 360 degree path of razor sharp and sizzling blade just trying to push everything away from her, including the smell.

COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden blocks Akame's Akai Tsuki.

                 [    |||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [  |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-----==
[      \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ///////////////////           ]
Akame            0/-------/----===|=====--\-------\0           Lilith


[MAKAI]
"Don't get me wrong. I'm a darkstalker, too... like I said. We're kin. Only..." He twists hard when Lilith shifts, using her superior aerial maneuvering to escape... although likely with a badly hurt wrist for the trouble. Guillotines form, but Makai seems to whirl his arms about, palms open. Her hands grasp him...

And a moment later her face impacts the concrete rooftop before the clothed figure, rather brutally inverting her momentum and sending her straight down in a heartbeat. "I EAT other darkstalkers, you see. And this body is like an endless feast alone... but all these prisoners are starved, worthless, hardly fit for a snack..."

The sudden whirlwind of manifested weapon does work in causing the hands to stop attacking and back off. A few are sliced, but what seems to be polluted water sprays out instead of blood, foul and laden with algae like a swamp. A horrible female shriek echoes underneath the shell, opposite Akame.

And then the shell suddenly flies sideways, trying to pancake Akame into the wall of the building proper. Hit or miss, an eruption of cracks runs all along it from that much momentum. Civilians are understandably freaking out and fleeing, others taking shaky pictures, trying to figure out what's going on with a giant monster appearing to pop out of nowhere...!

[LILITH]
Lilith, like her sister, was a succubus--most of their bodies /were/ weapons, so when her wings shapeshift into blades that try to cut into Makai's front, well, one might not be too surprised!

"Starved prisoners not fit for a snack? Wha?" Lilith isn't sure what Makai is talking about, apparently, She is grabbed and partly hurled for her efforts--slammed into the nearby rooftop, just likely inches from where she had thrown the cat earlier. She peels herself up and back off the rooftop, it looks like from the state of her face and side that it hurt, pretty badly. Ow.

"Alright masked man, lets go," she challenges him again, before forming her foot into a large pendulum-style blade--jumping down and trying to collide right into him with it!

COMBATSYS: Lilith issues a challenge!!

                 [    |||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [  |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|------=
[      \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ///////////////////           ]
Akame            0/-------/----===|=====--\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden successfully hits Akame with Fierce Punch.

                 [    |||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
                 [  |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-----==
[          \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////          ]
Akame            1/-------/=======|=====--\-------\0           Lilith


[AKAME]
The exploding cloud of powdered brickwork masks the centre of the impact nut not the debris falling to the alleyway floor. Instead of falling, Akame is embedded in the wall, surrounded by chipped and missing masonry, the stove in and mangled corner of a metal fire escape.

Eyes wavering back and forth sightlessly she searches left and right for whatever hit her, instead the wavy massed field of pinkish and wriggling colour has no definition. Fumblingly clumsy while raising fingers to her nose, as if to shift her spectacles it's at the same moment the brickwork holding her aloft finally fails, crumbling. Landing awkwardly but on her feet she rolls her shoulders forward and vomits a mouthful of blood out of her mouth, fingers still reaching up to her spectacles and probing at them experimentally; finding no trace of the lenses remaining.

"Guah.. guess there's no point worrying about that!"r
A faint smile with pink teeth.

"Not enough yet though."

Dipping the end of her sword in the puddle of blood in front of her the blade hoovers it like an ink pen dipped in ink, as she flicks the blade up she hurls a globule and spray up at the beast above. It didn't matter where it was, her vision was impaired so she'd just have to start striking bigger areas.

COMBATSYS: Lilith successfully hits Makai with Heavy Kick.

                 [         ||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|--=====
                 [  |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-----==
[             \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////          ]
Akame            0/-------/=======|=======\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden endures Akame's Kumo.

                 [         ||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|--=====
                 [        |||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-======
[             \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////          ]
Akame            1/------=/=======|=======\-------\0           Lilith


[MAKAI]
"There's not any point in describing it. I plan to make a meal of you. This body is not cooperating... I must recouperate my strength...!" Makai's voice shifts, sounding less like the young male and more like something twisted. Somewhat distracted by a ravenous manner, the sudden slash of legs catches him off-guard. He's ripped from shoulder to hip, tearing through cloth in a spray of depressingly mundane human blood. A hiss of pain as he grasps it, before hefting up his hands towards Morrigan. "Shapeshifting... how interesting." He then leaps high, before descending with his legs. Only to scissor them apart, trying to catch Lilith's arm and then *yank* it backwards while twisting the joint, before slipping off to land in a crouch!

The monster seems to be keen on Akame now; it suddenly pushes off the wall, and the spray of burning chi hits it. A deafening female shriek rings out, breaking glass outside the alley. But then countless hands strike out, trying to grasp Akame by arms and legs, to drive her back to slam upon the wall opposite. The turtle hefts up to show it's underside, revealing a limbless female torso with no eyes, pale flesh seeming drowned and covered in seaweed. Black ichor drools from sunken sockets, before demonic energy surges and coalesces before her, suddenly unleashing a terrible explosion that shakes the very ground of the block!!

COMBATSYS: Lilith dodges Makai's Strong Throw.

                 [        |||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|--=====
                 [         ||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-======
[             \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////////          ]
Akame            1/------=/=======|=======\-------\0           Lilith


[LILITH]
"That's what I wanna see!" Lilith is gleeful as her once foot-turned pendulum blade causes blood to spray, the droplets that hit her body and costume disappearing as they're physically absorbed into both. As Makai comes closer to try and grab her and yank on her arms, her body shimmer sand she reappears a short distance away, the sound of ghostly young feminine laughter reverberating off the buildings nearby.

"Are you sure you're not just some juiced up human?" she teases, before her wings turn into blades again, laughing crazily as she begins to spin like a top and swerve right for Makai now that he's landed, her wings turning into a blender, more or less.

COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden successfully hits Akame with Youkai Onslaught.

                 [        |||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|--=====
                 [         ||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|-------|=======
[               \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ///////////////////           ]
Akame            1/=======/=======|=======\-------\0           Lilith


[AKAME]
Ensnared and pinned in place Akame only turns her head from the gross rubbery limbs because of the general impression that something was happing with the blur overhead. She can't see the horror and the ichor lands and splatters across her cheek with hardly a reaction from the girl.

What was this--?

The explosion of deafening sound and force crushes her dow, her world turns a negative and still as she feels the splintering and spider webbing of cracks racing up the bones in her arms, the sound almost immediately disappears leaving only a loud ringing.

When the attack ends Akame reels drunkenly for a moment, the streaming red working it's way down the side of her neck turn her collar a bright red, the burst eardrums were probably a mercy since she only had to listen to that attack for the shortest of moments. Her body was breaking and falling apart at the seams. Perfect, the pain was now so bad that she didn't even feel the protest when she pushed harder, her body answered seemingly without protest because she couldn't feel that anymore, fight or flight was kicking in.

"Seki..gan"

She can't hear herself, but she can see half the world vanish in a red haze, her upturned face smiles broadly as the capillaries' of her right eye burst and the soft brown is engulfed with a spreading arterial red.

The leap from the ground to the underside of the turtle wasn't high enough to stop her in this state, one boot on either side of the women figure mostly more by luck than planning Akame swings a diagonal slash from her left hip to overhead right, the blade in her had Jaggedly moving and running like a liquid saw.

COMBATSYS: Makai blocks Lilith's Merry Turn.

                 [          |||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|=======
                 [         ||||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|-------|=======
[                  \\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ///////////////////           ]
Akame            1/-======/=======|=======\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Akame successfully hits Drowning Maiden with Sekigan.

                 [          |||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|=======
                 [               ||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|---====|=======
[                  \\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ///////////////////           ]
Akame            2/<<<<<<</<<<<<<<|=======\-------\0           Lilith


[MAKAI]
"Who are you asking? Me, or my body?" coos the masked figure; where the cracks were inflicted by Lilith, purple essence leaks out, a very similar energy to what brews within the darkstalker herself. Chaotic, volatile soul power. "I've possessed this handy body, you see. Although not without unwanted complications." He then extends three fingers; as Lilith rushes forward, he strikes out, guiding the blades aside as rapidly as the come, and when she finishes her arc, it seems most of the damage was cosmetic. But then he's rushing forward, fingers splaying to grasp Lilith in the middle of the chest. A seal forming in the effort, hooked chains trying to wrap around her and weigh her down as she might feel an aggressive assault on her own unique soul. "Now stop resisting...!!"

The great turtle-beast begins to descend, the mouth of the limbless torso on the base of the shell opening up to reveal countless hook-like teeth. Yet then Akame rushes up and gets closer on her own, a slash spraying disgusting water all over the lower class hunter with another siren-like shriek. Three hands converge in an attempt to grasp her by the hair and hurtle the woman away in the direction of a nearby dumpster!

[LILITH]
"It's no fun if there's no resistance!" Lilith blinks as she's amazed Makai is able to guard against her spinning wing blades, but she doesn't seem to be disappointed, either. Coming out of the spin, she blinks as the hellraiser-esque chains begin to rush toward her. Makai was rushing towards her, as well.

"Temp--" she focused her power and her arms, and wings in on herself, then spread her arms wide.

"--Tation!" her wings, clothes, and headwings all explode into a flurry of glowing energy bats--swirling around everywhere as Lilith rises up, body swathed now in the energy bats rather than her outfit--and those bats were hungry and furious, trying to eviscerate her attacker!

COMBATSYS: Lilith attempts to interrupt Tombstone from Makai with Splendor Love.

                 [           ||||||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-======
                 [               ||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|---====|=======
[                  \\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  /////////////////             ]
Akame            2/<<<<<<</<<<<<<<|====---\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Makai fails to interrupt Splendor Love from Lilith with Rebound Throw.

                 [              |||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|=======
                 [               ||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|---====|=======
[                  \\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  /////////////////             ]
Akame            2/<<<<<<</<<<<<<<|====---\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Akame dodges Drowning Maiden's Strong Throw.

                 [              |||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|=======
                 [               ||||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|---====|=======
[                  \\\\\\\\\\\\  < >  /////////////////             ]
Akame            2/<<<<<<</<<<<<<<|====---\-------\0           Lilith


[AKAME]
Akame responds to the gasping arms more by deciding it was too dangerous to stay there long enough for a second swing than her own ability to see or hear the approach. Her heart was thundering in her chest, arm was numb and occasionally pulsed with a sharp pain. But this was sekigan, her blood pressure was up, body responsive to the ridiculous feats she was pushing it to. A leafless and skeletal tree explodes into life where she lands, branches still spreading and dividing like they were veins thought at an ever slowing rate. Kneeling with her hands shakily both still grasping the sword hilt, Akame has the blade half buried in a puddle form on the ground, trunk of the tree and pronged branches growing outwards and upward like a sword with many branches.

A new wound open on her cheek from just how close her own attack had passed by her face when it was growing. Another branch of the tree actually penetrates her stomach and an even thicker and sturdier branch emerges from her back.

"Juboku"

The blood drinking tree and yokai.

Ayame was almost not help at all to the girl above, she could hear the girl still fighting but it was all she could do to fight this one beastie. That was normal, F-class hunters didn't save the day, they bought time or gave their lives to their training or in the field to ensure there was always a line of defence; however slim.

COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden blocks Akame's Jubokko.

                 [              |||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|=======
                 [                  |||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|-======|=======
[                   \\\\\\\\\\\  < >  /////////////////             ]
Akame            1/-------/<<<<<<<|====---\-------\0           Lilith


[MAKAI]
It might surprise Lilith that the response to this was immediate. She focused her power inwards, and in that instance the man hurled himself towards her, trailed by the torn remnants of his outfit. He extends a hand towards her face, but just before he makes contact the eruption of bats tears into him. He's blown away, hitting the ground hard and rolling to a stop at the edge of the building. "...Tch. This body... this damn body...!" He flexes his fingers, blood spattering down. "In my form outside this, you would be an insect!!"

The sudden manifestation of a tree is surprising to the youkai, to say the least. It rushes forward, but the turtle spins around, and the branches impact hard shell instead of the supple maiden flesh of it's undercarriage. Legs and arms thrash out, striking it away, still leeching some of that strange water-like blood within. It then scampers awkwardly up, straddling the entire alley before turning to face it's belly down. The mouth opens up slowly, as a single point of light builds. Before it unleashes a beam, flying down in a bright, furious purple... and then erupting into an explosion that blows trashcans and debris out into the streets, cracking up the walls as the creature tries to annihilate the low-class Hunter once and for all!

[LILITH]
"More, give us more!" Lilith's glowing form can be heard yelling from within the flurry of the bats, but in truth the sound was coming out of each and everyone of the glowing energy bats, as they each reformed into her body--leaving her 'normal' again. She drops afterward, her boot heels clicking as she perches herself on the edge of a rooftop.

"Your body is just a toy for me to play with!" Her wings flexed outward, zipping towards Makai again.

"Time to BREAK it!" her wings then become long tendrils tipped with arrow heads, trying to catch and throw Makai into the street!

COMBATSYS: Akame dodges Drowning Maiden's Demon Bomb.

                 [              |||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|=======
                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-======
[                   \\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////              ]
Akame            1/-------/<<<<<<<|===----\-------\0           Lilith


[AKAME]
Ayame can still see well enough to note something like growing brightness and bright point of light overhead. Before the column of light descends she's already dropped her hold on the technique and let Jubokko turn into a raid of red droplets in favour of running, moving with one hand pressed to the wound in her gut.

Her wobbling run doesn't get far before she realizes she won't make it like this. Instead lifting the lid on a garbage can promptly steps in swings her butt over the edghe and folds herself up neatly inside, knees pressed to her chest she pushes her head up just enough to lift the lid and recoils with the blast wave lifting the lid and sending her can slidind back out of the alleyway, reflexively throwing an arm out she buries the short sword sized hilt of thw sword she has left and grates along the wall using it as a brake.

"Oh Come OHNgnNNnnNnnnNnnnNnnnNgg-ghk"

Spilling out of the can when the wave stop she rolls it forward onto its side and climbs out in the worst of shape, dizzy, exhausted and straining she winds back and arm and just throws what remains of her sword in the most futile seeming of gestures.

She felt terrible and probably smelled even worse.

COMBATSYS: Makai blocks Lilith's Childish Drop.

                 [               ||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-------|=======
                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-======
[                   \\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////              ]
Akame            0/-------/=======|====---\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden endures Akame's Thrown Weapon.

                 [               ||||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-------|=======
                 [                    |||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  1|-------|=======
[                   \\\\\\\\\\\  < >  ////////////////              ]
Akame            0/-------/=======|====---\-------\0           Lilith


[MAKAI]
Slowly pushing back up to his feet, breath coming quicker, Makai looks much the worse for wear. Blood drips down to pepper the top of the roof as sirens are heard in the distance from the explosions and overt rampages of the spirit. "A girl after my own heart... A shame my need to feed is greater than my need for anything else. I must regain my strength...!! Or this vessel will be wasted!!" He then is caught without much difficulty, flung away; but he reaches out to snag one tendril and yank it, slowing him slightly and allowing him to instead grasp the edge of the building, dragging back up. He then rushes towards Lilith, both hands beginning to flare with dark channeled energy once more. Then he lashes out; aiming to strike multiple key leylines and pressure points, suffusing her body with an unwanted corruption to momentary paralyze her and her very energy flow. Only to then grasp her face and infuse her body with dark power, that would explode within her!!

The large creature is less subtle. It roars in a feminine squeal, lunging forward. The weapon rebounds off the tortoise shell, before it presses legs and arms all around the fallen Akame. And tries to repeatedly pound into her, again and again, a ruthless and somewhat excessive series of impacts to pancake the hapless hunter on the demon scoured ground of the alley!

COMBATSYS: Lilith blocks Makai's Rigor Mortis.

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|------=|=======
                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[                   \\\\\\\\\\\  < >  //////////////                ]
Akame            0/-------/=======|=====--\-------\0           Lilith


[LILITH]
Feeling her tendril, or spear latched onto--Lilith puts extra muscle into pulling it back--and dragged her opponent up with it--bringing him closer to her on the edge of the rooftop. She then forms her wings into an almost shell-like barrier around her upper body, taking the strikes that were meant for her body underneath. She is pushed back by the sheer force of it, indeed she has to struggle to regain her balance during it--but then her wings unfurl. She looks tired, winded.

"Neat trick, I should learn it--" she then strikes out with her right arm--her wings furling around it into tendril-like spears as she tries to directly pierce his body with them!

COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden successfully hits Akame with Youkai Rush.

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|------=|=======
                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[                          \\\\  < >  //////////////                ]
Akame            1/---====/=======|=====--\-------\0           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Makai counters Medium Punch from Lilith with Shallow Grave EX.

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-----==|=======
                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[                          \\\\  < >  ///////                       ]
Akame            1/---====/=======|=======\==-----\1           Lilith


[AKAME]
Theres nowhere to run, nowhere left to escape to. It surrounds and looms above, and then descends... with a furious raid of blows. Too large pink woolly cardigan sleeves cross above her head, right over left as the grisly scene is curtained by the creatures own limbs, bloody splashes and meaty sounding smashes while occasional high pressured gouts of blood fan out through the gaps in its limbs.

As the rain of blows finally slow and crease what's left is less a proper person shape than a little bent and twisted, despite how broken it looks the blood red shape sits up and starts trying to stand erect, one leg more crooked that will support it but earlier since there's less weight on that side to lift. The right arm missing entirely at the shoulder, bludgeoned clean off.

What's left of Akame lifts and draws her final weapon from the open shoulder wound with a grisly sucking noise. Then propping herself up with the cylindrical bat, where it contacts the ground it provides use as a crutch. She's well past the point she can communicate everything she experiences is as if from looking at it down a long dark tunnel, the bat still strong enough in her hands when she gives it a reassuring squeeze and then lifts it off the ground. She lifts the bat as though she were pointing the direction the ball will fly out of the arena but instead reacts by turning her head toward the spot of skin on her arm the soonest splash of ichor falls upon. Above me there.

falling into a ground the bat collapses into liquid and the violently spring back to form helping propel her into the air, even as she turns upside down in the air, a tangle of three limbs that don't so well but wheeling that bat around to strike at the only place she'd already managed to hurt it before.

The underside.

COMBATSYS: Akame has reached second wind!

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-----==|=======
                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[                         \\\\\  < >  ///////                       ]
Akame            1/---====/=======|=======\==-----\1           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden dodges Akame's Kirameki.

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-----==|=======
                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[                         \\\\\  < >  ///////                       ]
Akame            1/---====/=======|=======\==-----\1           Lilith


[MAKAI]
Well, wings are not known for having a lot of pressure points, so Makai doesn't manage much beyond the attempt to blow Lilith back with energy for his troubles. He seems to be much more experienced in these forays; he's been rather difficult to strike down thus far, increasingly shifting things to his advantage. "Enough of this game..." He then flares his hands with fel power, and then strikes out to impact each of the tendrils in turn. Lilith might not immediately realize that each one he hits becomes momentarily paralyzed by his parasitic energy. A seal is forged in his free hand, thrown open in front of Lilith. Chains fly out, capturing her in a spray of tightening spectral cables. Hauling her close, before he twists to catch her by the throat and slam her down on her back once more. "I'm here to feed, not to play...!!"

The massive creature is not slow, as was demonstrated earlier. The lash of destructive energy still frightens it all the same, and it draws its bulk high, avoiding the furious strike through outdistancing it. Skittering up the side of the crumbling building, a hissing noise is heard before it lashes out, striking at Akame with a few swift, brutal strikes with it's multiple pairs of feet. It seems highly unnerved... she should be long dead by now, and the constant assault and refusal to expire appears to be making it significantly uneasy. Well, raw tenacity seems to be doing the job frightening this shikigami...!

Drowning Maiden falls asleep.

Drowning Maiden wakes up.

COMBATSYS: Makai has left the fight here.

                 [                  |||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[                         \\\\\  < >  ///////                       ]
Akame            1/---====/=======|=======\==-----\1           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden has left the fight here.

[                         \\\\\  < >  ///////                       ]
Akame            1/---====/=======|=======\==-----\1           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Akame has left the fight here.

                                  >  ///////                       ]
                                  |=======\==-----\1           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Lilith has ended the fight here.


COMBATSYS: Akame blocks Drowning Maiden-83's Light Kick.

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-----==|=======
                 [                  |||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden-830|-------|-------
[                           \\\  < >  ///////                       ]
Akame            1/--=====/=======|=======\==-----\1           Lilith


[AKAME]
sails right past her intended target. Rotating around in the air to follow and staring down she swing the bat against each strike, the bat rendering down with a splash and then reforming to push her away in a new direction as she's juggled through the air with almost no control over direction, merely reacting.

At reaching the zenith or her arc and the abomination below she arrows her body as though she were a falling bird of prey and drops with all the air resistance of falling arrow back toward Shelly. The bat scattering droplets in trail behind her she lunges out with it pointed down as the arrows head, it wasn't hard enough to cut through, it wasn't sharp enough to puncture. But she was acidic enough to melt and dissolve at a fantastic rate, it would be enough or it wouldn't and using almost the last dregs of blood in her body it was all she had. No second chances.

"SHhh---ELLY!"

She was going to crush it, she'd lost sight of all her other objectives. There was little enough left to fuel her brain and vital organs. Her fight or flight reflex demanded she crush her attacker. She wasn't wired to run, wasn't athletic enough to do so for long. But like her favourite animal... ensure nobody wanted to fuck with and get torn up by the noble Honey Badger!

[LILITH]
The counter is a devestating blow to Lilith--she sails back across the rooftop, many of her spear-like wing tendrils have been broken off and spew a dark, inky fluid as they recoil and slide back into shape, reforming as her wings.

"Bluh--" she coughed out a similar substance, wiping her mouth and chin with the back of her gloved arm and hand. And then Makai was holding her somehow--she didn't seem to be okay with this.

"Get off!" she swings herself to the side and one of her wings becomes enlarged and she tries to throw Makai off her--leaping up in a sort of dragon uppercut movement with one of her long, bladed fan-like wings used as a cutting edge against him!

COMBATSYS: Makai dodges Lilith's Shining Blade.

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-----==|=======
                 [                  |||||||||||| ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-------
[                             \  < >  //////                        ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|=======\=------\1           Lilith


COMBATSYS: Akame successfully hits Drowning Maiden with Shinku Tsuki.
- Power hit! -

                 [                 ||||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            1|-----==|=======
                 [                            || ]
                 Drowning Maiden  0|-------|-======
[                             \  < >  //////                        ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|=======\=------\1           Lilith


[MAKAI]
Makai lurks after Lilith, moving in a predatory manner as she tries to drive him off. His rear leg pivots, and he draws back as the heated flash of energy swipes past. His hood is sliced, perfectly straight crack appearing in his mask from how close the blow came. "Tch..." Pathetic. How is his body so weak...? Is it because all the demons, darkstalkers, youkai and more are not cooperating with him? His power level is fluctuating rapidly, from moment to moment, and the stress of that is beginning to show.

"Now... give me your soul...!" His foot sinks into the stone slightly, before launching forward to Morrigan. A vortex of barbed chains form around himself and Lilith, before converging in an attempt to capture Morrigan and bind her head to toe like a mummy. Twisted purple rods then strike out, to sink deep at critical parts of her lifeforce and weaken the bridge between life and death. Only then does he finish the complex seal... one that, to a true observer, is not to seal souls.

But to steal them.

He then attempts to slam both palms into Lilith, and unleash a great pillar of flashing purple demonic flame, trying to consume her from head to toe while wrenching at her very lifeforce...!!

The great turtle beast is struck dead on. The great swathe of blood begins to erode it, and a horrible scream is heard. It falls to slam on the ground, rolling and writhing, hands trying to wipe away the blood only causing the hands to disintegrate as well. It then begins to fire quick, condensed beams of soul energy, causing small explosions and causing the already frightened onlookers to shriek and flee...

One of which goes flying straight towards Akame. A few moments later, the twitching creature collapses on its side, only a shattered empty shell remaining. The limbs all whither away one by one like a dying plant in fast forward, crumbling into essence that dissipates into the air...

COMBATSYS: Drowning Maiden can no longer fight.

                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|------=
[                             \  < >  //////                        ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|=======\=------\1           Lilith


[SYLVIE]
Sylvie says, "Oh no, hide morrigan!"

COMBATSYS: Lilith manages to escape Makai's Iron Maiden!

                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|------=
[                             \  < >  //////                        ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|=======\=------\1           Lilith


[LILITH]
"You don't want me, I don't even taste very good!" Lilith looked up with wide eyes and bared fangs as she looks around, the chains emerging again from the stone rooftop beneath them. Her eyes dart around, assessing the situation.

"What I have is not mine to give! I'm everything that was wrong with her!" Lilith explodes into a swarm of energy bats again--fluttering away from the sudden gauntlet of chains, and reappearing next to Makai, looking more tired than she was before thanks to the transformation.

"You can't have it!" she lashes out with her right boot, the bottom of the sole and heel turning into a sharp bladed edge, like before.

COMBATSYS: Makai dodges Lilith's Light Kick.

                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|------=
[                             \  < >  ///////                       ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|=======\=------\1           Lilith


[MAKAI]
Makai slowly exhales through his mask, the world becoming muddy. He did not think blindness would be so annoying, when the Butcher is able to sense life forces like a shark; Lilith made the mistake of transforming her foot, however, and that flutter of energy allows him to dart to the sound. Both hands then snap up, trying to catch her by the calf immediately after before whirling overhead to swing Lilith and slam her down upon the rooftop yet again. "HNNGH!! What are you talking about?!"

COMBATSYS: Lilith blocks Makai's Quick Throw.

                 [                   ||||||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|-----==
[                             \  < >  /////                         ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|=======\=------\1           Lilith


[LILITH]
Lilith's bladed boot sails past Makai, cutting only air--and reforms back into it's normal shape as she pulls it back, her stiletto heel clicking against the concrete.

"And now, you die!" she bares her fangs and her eyes flash--her body glimmering in an eerie fashion as well as what looks like a mirror image of herself leaps out of her--suddenly coming up parallel to her and Makai. A doppleganger pincer attack?!

The two Lilith then approach Makai from either end, her wings forming blades as she punches and her boots turning into scythe blades as she kicks--each one mimicking the other one's moves!

COMBATSYS: Makai blocks Lilith's Mindless Mimic Doll.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  < >  /////                         ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|===----\-------\0           Lilith


[MAKAI]
Two of them...?! Luckily, Makai does not need to worry about visually being confused. But he can immediately tell that this attack is no feint. Lilith has genuinely split herself into two forms capable of assaulting him. There's no time in this instance to fret about how. She's shown far more mastery than he thought possible, given the actual power within her soul seems... weak. Yet at the same time, much beyond his own. What sort of enigma is this darkstalker?!

His arms cross before he suddenly begins rotating around. His metal forearm guards are vital here -- had he not been wearing them, her assault would have torn through him regardless. Instead, there's sharp clangs of metal, sprays of sparks, and still her strikes tear through and splatter blood around.

"HNNNNGH!!" He can feel his strength slipping. The demons inside are seeing this weakness as opportunity to escape, not to cooperate. One hand captures each foot, stopping Lilith's onslaught cold. And through that, he can feel... The real one...

Is here!!

He strikes out his right hand, trying to plant his palm gently upon Lilith's cheek. And then he compresses all of his muscles while twisting at the same time. A moment later, a great shockwave of force would burst out, trying to rattle Lilith's brain inside and out, and drop her concussed to the floor!!

COMBATSYS: Makai successfully hits Lilith with Fast Throw.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  < >  /                             ]
Akame            0/-------/---====|=====--\-------\0           Lilith


[LILITH]
"Bleed damnit--" Lilith is furious as she tries to continue striking--but she's meeting resistance with her strikes--her clone is mimicking her actions ontop of that. With her foot caught she summarily tries to turn the material of the boot into long, lancing spikes that erupt out of the surface of the material.

She is blasted--and her foot shrinks and becomes intangible seemingly as she is thrown back, met with his palm to her cheek. The shock is blasted into her head--her eyes widening and becoming pindots as the force throttles through her. She winds up thrown back against the rooftop, the inky blackness forming around her like a puddle, making strange gurgling noises as she phases right through the solid matter and disappears.

COMBATSYS: Lilith takes no action.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  <
Akame            0/-------/---====|


COMBATSYS: Lilith can no longer fight.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  <
Akame            0/-------/---====|


COMBATSYS: Akame dodges Drowning Maiden's Demon Lance.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  <
Akame            0/-------/---====|


[AKAME]
The melting technique works like a charm! A slow, boring and dangerous charm. Through gritted teeth a low and barely hear growl of effort and the blood begins to vortex around the contact of the point as she leans hard into the blade as it drills with maximum effort.
5rThe sudden discharge of shot's in wild directions isn't enough to stop her efforts, the blast directed at her not enough to deter her. She can't disengage, if she does it's all over.

Shelly, why. won't. you.

"Br---rrrRREEEEEEEEAK!!"Akame breaks her hold on the bloody harpoon and then slaps her palm down on top of it, driving it home and sending the arms into spasms even as the main body begins to fall, the blast missing her by a hair and smashing into a wall alongside.

On for the entire ride Akame falls as well, as the beast contorts and then begins to crumble she's finally revealed once again when the now hollower out shell eventually splits apart and also begins to crumble. Sitting in the alleyway on her hands and knees with barely any strength left and countless injuries, she celebrates with a tiny fist pump and barely audible.

'...yay.'

The wound on the back of her hand and torn flesh of her palm a testament to just how hard she struck and desperate she must have been. A gentle sucking in of air and wet sounding cough before she makes effort to rise.

"That's... one down."

COMBATSYS: Akame takes no action.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  <
Akame            0/-------/---====|


Akame says, "Formatting: fail."

[MAKAI]
Damn. Too weak. Makai has become too weak. Lilith is finally struck down, but only after the both of them were pressed near the breaking point. And with his effort already expended on a maneuver to steal her lifeforce earlier, he has no way to stop her defensive efforts from phasing her through the ceiling. He drops down, clawing at the blackness that seeps away. "Damnit...!!" he growls, panting heavily. Then he can feel the loss of his greatest current minion; the Maiden is an old evil, and one of the few who can traverse the spirit realm. It's loss is not minor. He staggers to the edge of the building, blood still dripping around him as arms hang limp. "...so you prevailed. I misjudged your tenacity... or perhaps, the tenacity of that which lives in your blood?" He then leaps off the edge, dropping a few stories before suddenly twisting and landing in a specialized stance, dispersing the force. Still, his joints all scream in pain. "Nngh. I will make you pay... for slaying the Drowned Maiden of Hokkaido...!"

COMBATSYS: Makai takes no action.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  <
Akame            0/-------/---====|


[AKAME]
"Maybe-- you could vouch for me that I killed that. We d-don't get.. paid -*Ghn!*- ..without proof ..it's dead."

Without a doubt this was her biggest and most successful kill to date. She was still standing (or working on it) and the creature was not. However, much like her usual hunts... The prey was melting or turning to dust. Great when it came to hiding things form the public, not in terms of taking trophies.

She was addressing the air rather than anyone in particular. She couldn't even hear him more than a murmur. Still deafened but at least one of her eardrums must have been recovering before she hit the bottom of the tank. She was running on fumes, her regeneration had slowed to a crawl while her wounds were only scabbing over and ceasing to bleed.

Instead of doing anything truly threatening she leans sideways to something up, her fingers intermesh and she slides her own arm closer to her. Matching the rather crushed and bruised joint of her severed arm with the open wound on her side there's a spasm of life all of a sudden in it. Akame surges back to her feet and then kind of wavers back and forth from the headrush.

"I'm here! Come and get me."

COMBATSYS: Akame takes no action.

                 [                      |||||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====
[                             \  <
Akame            0/-------/---====|


[MAKAI]
"Take it's surviving shell. But the bounties for that creature... are a hundred and fifty years old by now... good luck cashing it in." A slow exhale follows, before Makai turns his attention inwards. Aid me. Aid me, you fools! Or... hmm. If he dies, everything inside him goes free. That is hardly something that any of them will be against. Damnation. He is a warden, but has none of the keys to force cooperation...! If he cannot repair this deficit, then he might discard this body after al.

"You look a little tired... poor thing. Would you like me to help?" His hand then slowly raises, fingers uncurling one by one. Then he blinks, tilting his broken mask towards Akame. "Ah. Not you, human..."

"The demon inside you..."

Suddenly he rushes forward. When running on fumes, his style of inertial control is still quite dangerous in contrast to the fighter who must pour her entire body into every action. Whirls of soul energy form on his hand, before he snaps out to impact Akame in the chest.

A lance of energy would go directly into her. And suffuse the creature that struggle dying in her blood. Attempting to invigorate it, strengthen it, rouse it with a sudden burst to tip the tides in the pair's long-running struggle.

So it can attack her from the inside-out!

COMBATSYS: Akame endures Makai's Final Destination but gets knocked away!

                 [                        |||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|--=====
[                                <
Akame            1/---====/=======|


[AKAME]
Akame's very flesh quivers, her bones rattle around loose inside a body that feels like it will balloon up and burst. Her entire body lifted off the ground and flung backward a few feet it's like all of her wounds opened again of their own accord, a veritable water sprinkler system of red. Her remaining blood wants to freeze in place and grind to a halt. But her heart breaks the stalemate with reluctant and strained beat, forcing her blood to flow, feeding what was left to her muscles and overwhelming this odd paralysis.

The school aged girl reels forward, no longer with her head flung back and back arched while all her muscles cramp and lock. The solid gold glow in that one untouched eye immediately quashed and sealed but a spreading blossom of red colouring both her eyes the same.

"F-class.. Hunters, don't need to win. They're only- there... to -- buy time. Seki-guh!"

With all of this loud and public frightening action, they wouldn't be too much longer. Surely.

The move would usually push her body beyond its limits to the point she moved much faster, as her body was now close to death's door the lunge and stab with a dagger sized bade at Makai's gut is more like a conventional lunge.

From a weakling girl that should be dead already, it was a feat.

COMBATSYS: Akame can no longer fight.

                 [                        |||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|--=====


COMBATSYS: Makai counters Sekigan from Akame with Combo Throw.

                 [                        |||||| ]
                 Makai            0|-------|---====


[MAKAI]
"Your fight is over... hunter. From now on... your fight..."

Makai seems unsurprised. He is blind, and could sense her energy surge to manifest the dagger and puppeteer her limbs one last time. One hand sweeps out, drawing the weapon aside. His knee raises, impacting the elbow joint brutally before he twists into a shoulder throw, depositing the girl on her back in the midst of the alley.

"Is with the beast inside you..."

Police sirens are very close now. He has no time to continue looking for Lilith, nor to perform any further seals on Akame. A shame, her demon would have been useful if he could steal it. As the sea of people videotaping and murmuring watch on, he rushes to the end of the alley, vaulting over debris from the destructive battle with the once-legendary Youkai and vanishing around a corner...

COMBATSYS: Makai has ended the fight here.

Log created on 20:03:32 10/02/2017 by Lilith, and last modified on 01:02:54 10/05/2017.