Since the dawn of time, man has fought.It is a world where names like Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc, King Richard the First, Oda Nobunaga, El Cid and John Dillinger were legends not only because of their circumstances but their great prowess in combat. Legends and myths form because of a man's commitment to the lethal arts, and that commitment itself allowed great men and women to mold the course of history.
The fictional world of MotM is a contemporary world that stands on the cusp of a revolution, where professional fighting has become popular enough over the past decades to dominate the world's attention as the professional sport. It's a world where martial artists can perform superhuman feats of dexterity, speed, resilience, spirit and strength, and are hailed as the modern superstars of popular culture.
Even so, some become uneasy at the dominance of the martial arts and its potential for great destruction. Even now, international megacorporations vie to compete with martial artists, fielding bizarre technology and weapons inspired by the techniques of fighters, making billions off of the concern of governments. Monsters, mutants, demons and killers stalk the darkness, waiting for their opportunity to strike. And casting over it all are the terrorists and cartels, whom hide in the airless, sunless spaces of the world, headed up by extremely powerful dictators with a taste for world domination.
But these aren't the only forces in the world. People exist of morals, strength and integrity. The outcast and the just alike stand against the forces of the dark, some selected by fate, by birth, by circumstance or even by the gods themselves. They are empowered and committed to protect the world as we know it from the forces of the dark.
And then there's you. A long road stretches ahead of you. You're just beginning your journey, but you know in your heart that you have the blood and the will of kings. Welcome to MotM: The Champion's Road.
New and improved, sporting brand new combat system elements, an all new, revamped theme that encompasses many of the most popular fighting games, and a brand new character creation dojo. Join the fight now by checking out our application process, read the most recent published scenes, or check us out at motm.kicks-ass.net, port 2002!!
Resolve has been reworked, and in the process, the new ability Burst was born! Traits have been updated, as Efficient is rolled into Vigor, and a new Tireless trait is introduced. Also, some balance changes have been made to Analysis, Charging, Control, Imbued, Rush, Smash, and Vigor.
Current Event - The Bell Tolls
Blood in the Streets
During the Rumble In The Streets tournament, the long-standing Yakuza clans were split into two warring factions. While the newer Akatsuki-gumi Yakuza sided with the manipulative Scarlet Dahlia (aka Honoka), the "old guard" Yakuza were honor-bound into siding with Duke Burkoff and Southtown Syndicate.
In the wake of losing high-profile politicians to "suicide" and other unfortunate incidents, Duke has decided to save face by lashing out at the Akatsuki. Confronting Dahlia, he managed to get captured and overpowered, but not before pulverizing Dahlia's leg. But Duke has returned, and has brought war with him. His goal? Drive the Akatsuki out of Japan's main island of Honshu, and secure the entire island under Syndicate control.
But Dahlia has her allies. The disgraced Lee Chaolan, in retaliation against Duke's actions toward Dahlia, has unleashed a destructive computer virus upon the Syndicate's network and banking infrastructure. With Duke's team forced onto the back foot, Dahlia and her allies are moving to close the noose around Southtown Syndicate.
Already, innocent civilians have become victims of Duke's explosive violence. The Akatsuki forces are losing ground, but public approval of the Southtown Syndicate organizations is fading fast. How many innocent lives will be consumed by Duke's brutal campaign before he can be stopped?
Across the ocean, trouble between Mexico and the United States is brewing more and more. Cartels, long silent in Mexico, have exploded in activity along the border. Innocent children are being kidnapped. Crime is exploding in Sunshine City. Things have gotten so desperate that both the US and Mexico have agreed to combine resources to secure their borders. That should be just a footnote of the world politics. But it's something so much more.
With the death of Vega in the Mortal Kombat tournament, it was believed that Shadaloo was decapitated. The truth is much more dire: Shadaloo has been consolidating power within Mexico. Agents have been dispatched, sometimes unwittingly, to countless organizations around the world. Shadaloo's long campaign of lying low and gathering resources has finally reached its peak. Shadaloo is now on the move.
Now, they are striking out, using the 'agreement' between the United States and Mexico as their means to seize fighters and the psionically gifted for their own forces. Shadaloo's intentions aren't clear to the world at large just yet. But one thing for certain is that they are now acting from their secret Mexico headquarters, and both fighters and civilians alike will be their prey, unless they are stopped.
Beacon of Hope
Pushed to the brink by a barrage of minor attacks, Interpol and the US Special Forces have joined together in unison to form the International Task Force. Led by Major Charlie Nash, the International Task Force is an initiative to handle both the gang war and cartel violence at the border.
The purpose of the ITF will be to fight the rising crime and terrorist activities. Its first actions? Crack down on the violence at and around Sunshine City, and to pacify the gang violence in Southtown. The group is always looking for recruits. Even the rogue nation of Illyria has not been excluded from helping, though it will need to contend with its own bounties on the international scene.
While the Novus Librarium Orbis have not officially joined the International Task Force, as it is outside their core goal of containing supernatural threats, they have a vested interest in keeping apprised of the ITF's actions as they pertain to those very supernatural threats. With the presence of Shadaloo in the shadows, it will not be long.
- [Oct 2014] Saturday Night Fight's relaunch kicked off with a bang, and the resurrection of an Egyptian pharoah.
- [Dec 2014-Feb 2015] Not long afterwards, brawling between the various schools of Southtown culminated in the Southtown Inter High-School Tournament, which brought its own fair share of discomfiting revelations.
- [Feb-Mar 2015] In the springtime, warmer temperatures gave way to hotter nights, with the two-on-two team tournament, Trouble in Paradise at Zack Island.
- [Apr-May 2015] Metro City, not to be left out of all the fun, became even more of a hellhole as it plunged into the heart of the demon dimension Majigen.
- [Jun-Jul 2015] Sensing a power vacuum in the reconstruction of Metro City, a criminal syndicate began consolidating its power in Mexico under the auspices of the Pueblo Thunderfoot's Flight of the Soaring Spirit.
- [Aug-Sep 2015] Ultratech began flexing its technological muscle with a bold demonstration of its technology known as Killer Instinct.
- [Jan-Apr 2016] Southtown entered the spotlight again with the HitBit sponsored Rumble In The Streets.
- [Apr-Aug 2016] The King of Fighters tournament pitted teams of 2-4 fighters against one another, with the spectre of HitBit involvement looming in the background.
- [Sep 2016-Apr 2017] The tenth centennial Mortal Kombat tournament was to be Outworld's greatest triumph, with Earthrealm as the prize -- but those some meddlesome humans had to go screw up their plans.
- [Jun 2017-Feb 2018] World powers brawl over who gets to control the insidious ChiTek, and in the process, the Gear Army awakens, as part of the King of Fighters 2017 tournament.
- [Jan-Mar 2018] Oudoukou Chemical Concern's revolutionary "Golden Angel" chemical is the centerpiece for the Golden Angel tournament, bringing sunny cheer to the heart of a winter-gripped Southtown.
- [Jan-May 2018] Wolfgang Krauser challenges the entire globe in World Warrior 2018, the successor to the tournament that began the modern-day love affair with fighting!
- [Mar 2018-??] The great kingdom of Illyria faded from memory, and yet the mystery endures. To what lengths will the NOL and Sacred Order go to secure its secrets?
All "Feature Characters" on MotM are copyrighted by Aksys Games / Arc System Works, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, Microsoft Studios, Namco, Netherrealm Studios / Warner Bros Interactive, and SNK Playmore (and its other various corporate names such as SNK Neo Geo), respectively. Many of the settings and histories are also copyright of their respective owners. MotM has modified some of this content for its own use, but such modification and use are not intended as challenge to these copyrights. Original Characters are property of their creators and applicants. Website design, coding, and original content © MotM unless otherwise specified.