Since the dawn of time, man has fought.It is a world where names like Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc, King Richard the First, Oda Nobunaga, El Cid and John Dillinger were legends not only because of their circumstances but their great prowess in combat. Legends and myths form because of a man's commitment to the lethal arts, and that commitment itself allowed great men and women to mold the course of history.
The fictional world of MotM is a contemporary world that stands on the cusp of a revolution, where professional fighting has become popular enough over the past decades to dominate the world's attention as the professional sport. It's a world where martial artists can perform superhuman feats of dexterity, speed, resilience, spirit and strength, and are hailed as the modern superstars of popular culture.
Even so, some become uneasy at the dominance of the martial arts and its potential for great destruction. Even now, international megacorporations vie to compete with martial artists, fielding bizarre technology and weapons inspired by the techniques of fighters, making billions off of the concern of governments. Monsters, mutants, demons and killers stalk the darkness, waiting for their opportunity to strike. And casting over it all are the terrorists and cartels, whom hide in the airless, sunless spaces of the world, headed up by extremely powerful dictators with a taste for world domination.
But these aren't the only forces in the world. People exist of morals, strength and integrity. The outcast and the just alike stand against the forces of the dark, some selected by fate, by birth, by circumstance or even by the gods themselves. They are empowered and committed to protect the world as we know it from the forces of the dark.
And then there's you. A long road stretches ahead of you. You're just beginning your journey, but you know in your heart that you have the blood and the will of kings. Welcome to MotM: The Champion's Road.
New and improved, sporting brand new combat system elements, an all new, revamped theme that encompasses many of the most popular fighting games, and a brand new character creation dojo. Join the fight now by checking out our application process, read the most recent published scenes, or check us out at motm.kicks-ass.net, port 2002!!
It Has Begun...SHANG TSUNG: "You all have been selected as representatives of your realm in the tournament called Mortal Kombat, held once every one hundred years. Your world is but one of many different worlds, and your life and state of existence is but one of many.
"Your world as you know it stands on the cusp of a great change. The elder gods that oversee all matters beyond the realm of the living have instituted the grand practice of Kombat to resolve differences between the realms. I represent the great emperor of Outworld and his interests. Since Outworld has declared grievance with Earthrealm, we have realized success nine consequtive times in Mortal Kombat. To say that this victory will be decisive for your future is an understatement.
"Because the god who stands as representative of Earthrealm has abandoned his duty and not seen fit to appear, I am the sole arbiter and authority of the great tournament, and the task falls to me to guide you. In his infinite grace, the Emperor has allowed me to serve in this function to show our willingness to comply with the rules set forth by the elder gods.
"In recognition of the great strength of the Emperor's army and as recompense for alleged misconduct in tournaments prior, the elder gods have created crystallized shards of holy sacrament to empower or protect your soul according to your virtues, willpower and prowess. All competitors will have these. Once you have proved yourselves in the coming days, the jewels will be disseminated. During this time, you will also be given a chance to declare favor with Outworld, and all of the riches it offers.
"Until then, please, make yourselves comfortable. Take every advantage of my hospitality. There will be a series of initial challenges to determine the strength of your soul and your realm's allegiance for posterity. Then, we will proceed with the tournament. Good luck.."
- [Oct 2014] Saturday Night Fight's relaunch kicked off with a bang, and the resurrection of an Egyptian pharoah.
- [Dec 2014-Feb 2015] Not long afterwards, brawling between the various schools of Southtown culminated in the Southtown Inter High-School Tournament, which brought its own fair share of discomfiting revelations.
- [Feb-Mar 2015] In the springtime, warmer temperatures gave way to hotter nights, with the two-on-two team tournament, Trouble in Paradise at Zack Island.
- [Apr-May 2015] Metro City, not to be left out of all the fun, became even more of a hellhole as it plunged into the heart of the demon dimension Majigen.
- [Jun-Jul 2015] Sensing a power vacuum in the reconstruction of Metro City, a criminal syndicate began consolidating its power in Mexico under the auspices of the Pueblo Thunderfoot's Flight of the Soaring Spirit.
- [Aug-Sep 2015] Ultratech began flexing its technological muscle with a bold demonstration of its technology known as Killer Instinct.
- [Jan-Apr 2016] Southtown entered the spotlight again with the HitBit sponsored Rumble In The Streets.
- [Apr-Aug 2016] The King of Fighters tournament pitted teams of 2-4 fighters against one another, with the spectre of HitBit involvement looming in the background.
All "Feature Characters" on MotM are copyrighted by Aksys Games / Arc System Works, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, Microsoft Studios, Namco, Netherrealm Studios / Warner Bros Interactive, and SNK Playmore (and its other various corporate names such as SNK Neo Geo), respectively. Many of the settings and histories are also copyright of their respective owners. MotM has modified some of this content for its own use, but such modification and use are not intended as challenge to these copyrights. Original Characters are property of their creators and applicants. Website design, coding, and original content © MotM unless otherwise specified.