Since the dawn of time, man has fought.It is a world where names like Genghis Khan, Joan of Arc, King Richard the First, Oda Nobunaga, El Cid and John Dillinger were legends not only because of their circumstances but their great prowess in combat. Legends and myths form because of a man's commitment to the lethal arts, and that commitment itself allowed great men and women to mold the course of history.
The fictional world of MotM is a contemporary world that stands on the cusp of a revolution, where professional fighting has become popular enough over the past decades to dominate the world's attention as the professional sport. It's a world where martial artists can perform superhuman feats of dexterity, speed, resilience, spirit and strength, and are hailed as the modern superstars of popular culture.
Even so, some become uneasy at the dominance of the martial arts and its potential for great destruction. Even now, international megacorporations vie to compete with martial artists, fielding bizarre technology and weapons inspired by the techniques of fighters, making billions off of the concern of governments. Monsters, mutants, demons and killers stalk the darkness, waiting for their opportunity to strike. And casting over it all are the terrorists and cartels, whom hide in the airless, sunless spaces of the world, headed up by extremely powerful dictators with a taste for world domination.
But these aren't the only forces in the world. People exist of morals, strength and integrity. The outcast and the just alike stand against the forces of the dark, some selected by fate, by birth, by circumstance or even by the gods themselves. They are empowered and committed to protect the world as we know it from the forces of the dark.
A long road stretches ahead of you. You're just beginning your journey, but you know in your heart that you have the blood and the will of kings. Welcome to MotM: The Champion's Road.
New and improved, sporting brand new combat system elements, an all new, revamped theme that encompasses many of the most popular fighting games, and a brand new character creation dojo. Join the fight now by checking out our application process, read the most recent published scenes, or check us out at motm.kicks-ass.net, port 2002!!
With all the new features, the combat system may be super intimidating for new players. But never fear -- we have a new Combat Intro to help you find your way!
Resolve has been reworked, and in the process, the new ability Burst was born! Traits have been updated, as Efficient is rolled into Vigor, and a new Tireless trait is introduced. Also, some balance changes have been made to Analysis, Charging, Control, Imbued, Rush, Smash, and Vigor.
Current Event - King of Fighters 2019
*The feed begins with zazzy jazz instrumentals, as the Terry Roger Show logo spreads out, live in front of a studio audience. On one side, the smiling, well-dressed Englishman sits in a white polyester chair. In the opposite, bowl-like chair, a mousy brown haired woman sits, with a broad smile plastered on her unblemished face. She is seated with her ankle on her knee. The woman is dressed in blue jeans, her All-American Vest Starred and Striped in red, white, and blue rhinestones. Two big blue eyes peer through a black domino mask over the upper portion of her face. She rocks her white cowboy boots, her legs trembling as she seems to barely contain her excitement*
TERRY ROGER: "Well, I am pleased as punch now to introduce you all to, well, as my producers tell me, Lightning Spangles herself!"
LIGHTNING SPANGLES: "That's right, Terry, or as we say out in Texas, that's sure shootin' pardner!"
TR: "Oh yes, with the- with the vernacular. You seem to have changed quite a bit since we last met."
*Lightning Spangles lowers her head a bit, shaking her head as she purses her lips*
LS: "Because I was sick, Terry. Well, more than sick I think. I was a horrible, selfish woman, who took every privilege and opportunity she had, and squandered it. I would rather not talk about it, to be honest. Just know I'm better now, Terry. I'm a whole new person now, and a hootin' and a hollerin' one too!"
TR: "Yes, well, I mean, after our last interview, and the incident with the border between the United States and Mexico..."
LS: "Terry, if this interview was about everything I've done wrong, and all the people I've hurt because of my recklessness and horrible choices I've made, we'd be here for a week, and you'd be able to sell it to the Biography channel! And I would... rather... not with kids watching?"
TR: "Oh! Oh yes, of course."
*Lightning Spangles nods, giving a small wiggle dance in her chair as she drops her leg.*
LS: "Just be sure that old Lightning Spangles is dead and buried, and the new Lightning Spangles is going to be bright, and fun, and exciting!"
TR: "That's fine, that's fine... As I understand you have... a tournament?"
LS: "Not just any tournament, Terry!"
*Lightning Spangles shoots up into a stand, giving a salute towards the camera.*
LS: It's a King Of Fighters tournament!"
TR: "Ah! The King of Fighters! Those are always charming."
LS: "Why I'd say it's more charming than a tall dark stranger on a white stallion, Terry! It's hotter than a horny toad rolling across the Arizona Flats! We'll have teams all across the world, all coming together to prove that they are the strongest, all for real prizes and money!"
TR: "Well, I hope nothing terrible will happen this time."
*Lightning Spangles puts her hands on her hips.*
LS: "Excuse me, pardner?"
TR: "Well, I mean like, well, like a war starting, or an eldritch horror being awakened, or evil super science corporations. I don't mean to be cynical, but I'm just noticing a pattern on these King Of Fighters tournaments."
*Lightning Spangles pauses a moment, smile locked on her face. She then proceeds to give a V for victory sign*
LS: "No, no trouble, just fighting pardner! I can promise you that, or my name ain't Lightning Spangles!"
- [Oct 2014] Saturday Night Fight's relaunch kicked off with a bang, and the resurrection of an Egyptian pharoah.
- [Dec 2014-Feb 2015] Not long afterwards, brawling between the various schools of Southtown culminated in the Southtown Inter High-School Tournament, which brought its own fair share of discomfiting revelations.
- [Feb-Mar 2015] In the springtime, warmer temperatures gave way to hotter nights, with the two-on-two team tournament, Trouble in Paradise at Zack Island.
- [Apr-May 2015] Metro City, not to be left out of all the fun, became even more of a hellhole as it plunged into the heart of the demon dimension Majigen.
- [Jun-Jul 2015] Sensing a power vacuum in the reconstruction of Metro City, a criminal syndicate began consolidating its power in Mexico under the auspices of the Pueblo Thunderfoot's Flight of the Soaring Spirit.
- [Aug-Sep 2015] Ultratech began flexing its technological muscle with a bold demonstration of its technology known as Killer Instinct.
- [Jan-Apr 2016] Southtown entered the spotlight again with the HitBit sponsored Rumble In The Streets.
- [Apr-Aug 2016] The King of Fighters tournament pitted teams of 2-4 fighters against one another, with the spectre of HitBit involvement looming in the background.
- [Sep 2016-Apr 2017] The tenth centennial Mortal Kombat tournament was to be Outworld's greatest triumph, with Earthrealm as the prize -- but those some meddlesome humans had to go screw up their plans.
- [Jun 2017-Feb 2018] World powers brawl over who gets to control the insidious ChiTek, and in the process, the Gear Army awakens, as part of the King of Fighters 2017 tournament.
- [Jan-Mar 2018] Oudoukou Chemical Concern's revolutionary "Golden Angel" chemical is the centerpiece for the Golden Angel tournament, bringing sunny cheer to the heart of a winter-gripped Southtown.
- [Jan-May 2018] Wolfgang Krauser challenges the entire globe in World Warrior 2018, the successor to the tournament that began the modern-day love affair with fighting!
- [Mar-Jul 2018] The great kingdom of Illyria faded from memory, and yet the mystery endures. To what lengths will the NOL and Sacred Order go to secure its secrets?
- [Jul-Nov 2018] Gang warfare breaks out in Southtown and across the Southwestern US. It may not be all-out war, per se, but when The Bell Tolls, does it toll for thee?
All "Feature Characters" on MotM are copyrighted by Aksys Games / Arc System Works, Capcom, Koei Tecmo, Microsoft Studios, Namco, Netherrealm Studios / Warner Bros Interactive, and SNK Playmore (and its other various corporate names such as SNK Neo Geo), respectively. Many of the settings and histories are also copyright of their respective owners. MotM has modified some of this content for its own use, but such modification and use are not intended as challenge to these copyrights. Original Characters are property of their creators and applicants. Website design, coding, and original content © MotM unless otherwise specified.