(last updated: 10/17/17)
Every time you use an attack with the Projectile, Dash, or Shift effects, either directly or as an interrupt, you will gain  stacks of PREDICTABLE after the attack. These stacks decay at the rate of  stack per round you do not use a Projectile, Dash, or Shift attack. For example, if you throw two Projectiles in a row, for example, you will have  stacks to work off.
Overall, the way this mechanic works is that if you space out your use of projectile, dash, and shift attacks, they will be fully effective. If you use them more frequently, their effectiveness will wane and the risks of using them go up.
PREDICTABLE stacks impose some downsides on your Projectiles. Whenever you throw a Projectile while you have any PREDICTABLE stacks, the following mechanics come into play:
- If your PREDICTABLE Projectile is dodged or blocked, your opponent gains a % bonus to hit you back for every stack of PREDICTABLE you had at the time you used the attack.
- If your PREDICTABLE projectile is blocked, the block penalty it inflicts will be reduced by 5 for each stack of PREDICTABLE you had when you threw the projectile. If this value reduces into the negatives, that negative value becomes a bonus for the player. I.e., a projectile with 3 PREDICTABLE stacks will grant the opponent +5% to hit you if they successfully block it.
- If your PREDICTABLE projectile hits cleanly, the Projectile debuff itself will be reduced by roughly % per stack of PREDICTABLE you had when you threw it. So if you had  stacks of PREDICTABLE, the Projectile penalty it can inflict will be %.
- The normal 10% penalty to poke Projectiles is reduced roughly by % for each stack of PREDICTABLE you had at the time you threw it. For example, if you had  stacks, your opponent will have a % penalty to poke it instead of %.
Predictable Dash Attacks
PREDICTABLE stacks impose downsides on your Dash attacks as well, which could reduce or negate the interrupt bonus provided by Dash. As Dash moves put you closer to the opponent, PREDICTABLE stacks will also increase the power of your opponent's attacks.
- If your PREDICTABLE Dash attack is dodged, you will lose the % Dash interrupt bonus, and the defender will receive a +[0.6]PL damage boost per stack of PREDICTABLE.
- If your PREDICTABLE Dash attack is blocked, you will lose % of the Dash interrupt bonus per stack (to a minimum of +% bonus), and the defender will receive a +[0.3]PL damage boost per stack.
- If your PREDICTABLE Dash attack is neither dodged nor blocked, you will lose % of the Dash interrupt bonus per stack (to a minimum of +% bonus), and the defender will receive a +[0.15]PL damage boost per stack.
Predictable Shift Attacks
Opponents will be better able to adapt to continued use of PREDICTABLE attacks, resulting into a higher chance of hitting you.
- If your PREDICTABLE Shift attack is dodged, the defender will receive a +% to-hit bonus per stack.
- If your PREDICTABLE Shift attack is blocked, the Shift reaction bonus is reduced by % per stack. If the result is negative, it will be converted to a to-hit bonus instead. (In other words: if you throw a Shift attack with  stack of PREDICTABLE and your opponent blocks, your Shift reaction bonus will be reduced from % to %. Conversely, an opponent who blocks a Shift attack thrown with  stacks of PREDICTABLE will gain a % to-hit bonus.)
- If your PREDICTABLE Shift attack is neither dodged nor blocked, the SHIFT reaction bonus will be reduced by % per stack.